It’s that time of year again, and if you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you know the drill – it’s a “use it or lose it” situation. Don’t let your hard-earned money go to waste!
Keep reading for seven smart ways to spend your FSA funds before the clock strikes midnight on December 31st:
1.Prōse Medical and Wellness Primary Care Membership or Weight Loss Program: Invest in your health and well-being with a practice membership, covering a range of health services ( from primary care to weight loss and more) to help keep you in top shape.
2. Dental Treatments: Schedule that overdue dental checkup or treatment – your smile and your wallet will thank you.
3. Acupuncture Sessions: Relieve stress and improve a variety of diseases and conditions with acupuncture sessions.
4. Skincare Products such as Sunscreen: If you use sunscreen ( as we all should) with an SPF 15 or higher, you can pay for it with your FSA account. This is a pro-move as using daily sunscreen is one of the best ways to lower your risk of skin cancer.
5. Over-the-counter medications and menstrual products: You can use funds for over-the-counter essentials ( think cold and flu remedies, acetaminophen, etc) or even menstrual care products including tampons, pads, and/or liners.
6. Eyeglasses and Contacts: You can use funds for prescription glasses or readers. Prescription sunglasses are eligible, too. You can also use your account to buy contact lenses and contact lens solution.
7. Blood Pressure Monitor: Take control of your health by investing in a blood pressure monitor. Remember, high blood pressure can go unnoticed for many years so keeping track of this can be a valuable tool for monitoring and maintaining your well-being.
Time is ticking, so seize the opportunity to maximize your FSA benefits before they expire. Invest in your health, well-being, and self-care, ensuring a happy and healthy start to the new year!